Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hell of a Day - part 1

This was our last day in San Diego, and we started out walking around downtown a little which was cool, kind of and interesting mix of Disney Land and Toranto... I don't think we really saw enough of it to, but there was just not enough time... we headed from there down to the USS Midway an Air Craft Carrier in the Harbor (http://www.midway.org) and it was pretty amazing. I have never been on a giant ship like that before and at first I thought it was not going to be worth the money but I was pleasantly surprised... it took hours to get through it all and I think in the end we skip ton of the planes and the birds nest because of time, but it was still great. They took you up and down through the ship, which I think was to make you feel more like a sea man having to go through your daily duties in the confided passageways... They told us about all the parts of the ship, how all the different rants slept and ate, it was really intersting. I know this trip ment a lot to Meghan whos grandfathers on both sides have experience with the navy and the airforce. After that we checked out downtown a bit more, ate and headed onto our next adventure...

No comments: